The Cinco Peso Press

It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Stina Hobbensiefken, Reporter

When you are an exchange student, you leave everything behind. Your family, your friends, your home, your country, the usual things. You pack everything in a suitcase, say goodbye to your family & friends and then you leave. Leave to a country where you don’t know anybody and try to find people you can talk to. Just like I did. My year was just so great that I would love to stay longer. A big part of that is all the amazing people I got to meet and know here, and I feel so thankful.

I would like to say thank you to every single one of you. It was you guys who made my year so special, incredible and unforgettable as it was. I won’t say any names, but teachers and staff, boys and girls in my classes and soccer team, thank you for all the amazing memories and moments we have had together. You guys would help me if I had any questions and supported me where you could. You were always there for me, and I feel so thankful for that and everything you have done for me.

Dear coaches, as much as I hated y’all sometimes when you guys made me run, I would like to say thank you for all the things you have done for me. I am so blessed that you were my coaches and made me into a much better athlete than I could ever imagine. I am so thankful that you guys just took me into the team and would give me a chance. You didn’t just teach me soccer. You taught me to play with heart and to give everything always. When I think of the season we had together, I start smiling because we had such a blast together, and I hope y’all have a blast like that next year without me.

Soccer girls, I love each one of you. Y’all are playing this sport with so much heart that I loved to play with you. You are talented players, incredible athletes and amazing personalities. I am so thankful that you guys just took me into the team like I was always there. Thank you. You always played with such a positivity that I was happy to be part of the team. I hope that each one of you never loses the happiness and fun you have with this sport.

A lot of people ask me how I felt in the past year and how I feel right now. I can’t describe my feelings right now because I have way too many mixed feelings. I could cry every second because I have to leave you behind, but I am also excited to see my friends and family in Germany. You guys can’t imagine how much it hurts to say goodbye to you. I never thought that it would be so hard. But it really is, especially since I never really had to say goodbye to anybody.

Texas, CTHS, the Friday night football games and so much more will stay deep in my heart for the rest of my life. I feel so blessed that I had the chance to go to Chisholm for a whole school year, and I wish I could stay longer and finish high school and graduate. If I could, believe me I would do it. It is so hard to say goodbye.

Chisholm was an unforgettable experience for me, and I know I already said it, but thank you again! I will never forget my time here and will always remember each of you. You guys touched my life and changed it forever. I will always relate to Chisholm and the people here. Freshmen won’t understand me and will probably think I am stupid, but I’ll tell you one thing: Enjoy every single High-School-Drama Second you have, because the day will come when you are gonna miss it and want all of it back.

Somebody important I met in US-History told me that it won’t be a goodbye, it is and will be a see ya later. And as much as I hate to admit that he is right, he is right. I will see y’all later.

5 Comments

5 Responses to “It Won’t Be A Goodbye”

1. Jakyah Dale on May 11th, 2018 2:14 pm

YES STINA! We love you so much and we’re going to miss you so much! You better come back ASAP ! Come to graduation 2019! Hopefully it was a great year for you! <3

2. Malaika on May 11th, 2018 6:26 pm

So true girl. You are expressing all my feelings in words

3. Drew on May 14th, 2018 9:33 am

Stina we are all so lucky to have you here and get to know such a great person like you, always joking, laughing and smiling. I still remember the first time I met you when you first came here. We were in Mr. Brissman class I probably asked 100 question because I was just obsessed and was in aw about how you spoke german, your accent and beautiful personality. You’re such a brave young lady for wanting to come all the way from your home, but so worth it.

4. Mr. Brissman on May 15th, 2018 2:16 pm

Stina,
    You’ve spoken from the heart, right from the start. This was a lovely reflection on your time with us. Thank you for sharing your many talents and your wonderful spirit!
    Coach/Mr. Brissman

5. Austin on June 19th, 2018 11:15 am

Yes stina it was very good and amazing to get to know u as I was your American brother you were a true friend ….. Sincerely Austin Todd

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

There’s Always a Light

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

Dealing with the Boredom During Spring Break

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

A Reason To Live

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

It Shouldn’t Be About The Lottery Of Life

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

I’m Riding Solo

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

The Man Who Stopped The World

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

Words Act Like Weapons

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

A Tough Trip

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

The Longest Wait of My Life

• It Won’t Be A Goodbye

Columns

A New School For A New Life

The Student News Site of Chisholm Trail High School
It Won’t Be A Goodbye